Monday, December 5, 2011

This Year's Model

Ever since I proclaimed my love for fashion (Well, I did such thing to myself only. LOL!), I have always been a fan of Karen Elson. Although during my younger years, I had no idea what her name was cause all I knew about her then was just her pale white face with her screaming red hair. Until the internet became a huge hit in our country when I was in high school, I took the chance to search for her name. 

What I love about Karen is that she's not just a regular model who poses in front of the camera and struts her stuff on the catwalk but, she has this personality that sets her apart from other models. She has this other thing in her that makes her special. She commands attention in other words. That is why US Vogue made an article about her meteoric rise from the late 90s as one of the it models who ruled not only the pages of some of the major fashion magazine titles but also, the runways for different, important designers at that time. 


Photographer: Irving Penn
Sittings Editor: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Guido
Make-Up: Diane Kendal



Source: imcmagazine.com

That Vogue Italia February 1997 cover was her first major fashion magazine cover. ♥ And since then, as from her words, her career went vrooom! ☺

No comments: